Help for Lost, Abused or Neglected Animals 2017-04-01T09:41:48-06:00

How to report animal abuse or neglect in Alberta

Pet safekeeping

Alberta SPCA Pet Safekeeping Program (The Pet Safekeeping Program can help provide temporary accommodation for pets belonging to individuals fleeing domestic violence. Anyone in Edmonton and the surrounding area can access the program through one of the Edmonton-area women’s shelters, or by calling 211. Anyone who is in immediate danger should call 911. For questions about the program, contact the Pet Safekeeping Coordinator at or call 780-447-3600 ext 3750).