Here is a list of some of the tools and supplies we need on an ongoing basis. All donations are very much appreciated. To arrange a pick up, call (780) 466-SCAR or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off the items at any of the drop-off locations.
For the festive season, our most urgent need is for dog treats, clumping litter, and canned and kibble cat food!
- Blankets (especially wool and wool-blend blankets). No electric blankets please.
- Bedding – fleece throws, quilted mattress pads, crib quilts, quilts, sheets and towels. (Please no small fleece, down filled items, pillows or clothing.)
- Cat toys and catnip toys
- Cat and kitten food (high quality wet and dry varieties)
- Disposable puppy pads
- Dog Beds (Large beds especially and Kuranda dog beds)
- Dog and cat plastic or wire kennels
- Dog and Puppy Food (high quality wet and dry)
- Dog Treats and Chews (but no rawhide or consumables made in China). Suggestion: Kirkland brand large dog biscuits, large Nylabones and Bully Stix.
- Dog Gates and Exercise Pens (X-pens at least 30″ high)
- Dog Toys (especially durable toys for enthusiastic chewers)
- Flat Dog Collars (no prong, choke or shock collars)
- Leashes – webbing or leather, or slip lead style (Please, no extendable, chain or dollar store leashes)
- Martingale Collars (flat collar with the chain insert)
- Multi-level pet homes (used for ferrets but also good for kitten fostering)
- Stainless Steel Bowls with flat bottoms and sides. Medium to XL size.
- Supplements – Omega 3’s
- Heated Dog Bowls and Buckets
- Clumping Cat Litter
SCARS also needs blankets, bedspreads and quilts to take up to the pounds so that dogs waiting for our arrival have something nicer to sleep on than a cement floor.
- Bleach and Virkon
- Carpet Cleaner
- All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (unscented, low scented or “green”)
- Garbage Bags
- Laundry Detergent
- Mops and Swiffers
- Paper Towels
- Professional dog grooming bath tub
- We need building supplies for our dog house construction program. Click here to see the list of items.
- Gift cards for Costco, Canadian Tire or Walmart
- Plastic totes (Medium to large size for storing supplies)
- Office supplies (paper, envelopes, stamps, etc)
- Canadian Tire money
SCARS needs quality animal transport vehicles, preferably with all wheel drive. Our volunteers drive thousands of kilometres each year to bring abandoned animals (many of whom are sick or injured) to veterinary care and foster homes. We regularly travel between Edmonton and locations such as Athabasca, Westlock, Calling Lake, Maskwacis, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, High Prairie, Lloydminster and many other communities. Our highest priority is to ensure our volunteers and the animals they transport are warm and safe during travel. The need to help animals is often greatest when the weather is coldest and when the roads are in poor condition.